- Our Wines -
...our early reviews have caused a minor storm...
- cradle of hills Wild Child Chardonnay
- cradle of hills GiGi Grenache Rose
- cradle of hills Route du Bonheur
- cradle of hills Maritime Cabernet Shiraz
- cradle of hills Darkside Shiraz Mourvedre
- cradle of hills Old Rogue Shiraz
- cradle of hills ROW 23 McLaren Vale Scarce Earth Shiraz
- cradle of hills Coeur de L'Ete Cinsault Grenache
Other critic reviews
Wine Companion - James Halliday
Star rating: 5 stars - 2014 to 2020
Outstanding winery capable of producing wines of very high quality, and did so this year. Also will usually have at least two wines rated at 94 points or above.
Paul Smith's introduction to wine was an unlikely one: the Royal Australian Navy, and in particular the wardroom cellar at the tender age of 19. A career change took Paul to the world of high performance sports, and he met his horticulturist wife Tracy
From 2005 they travelled the world with their two children, spending a couple of years in Europe, working in and learning about the great wine regions of Europe, and how fine wine is made. For his part, Paul secured a winemaking diploma, and they now have almost 7ha of cabernet sauvignon and shiraz (roughly 50% each). They supplement the shiraz with grenache and mourvedre to make their Route de Bonheur (Road to Happiness) grenache mourvedre shiraz blend.